If selling a home were as easy as putting a “For Sale” sign in the front yard, you wouldn’t need a real estate agent. However, since getting your home sold means preparing your home, setting a price, marketing, negotiating and so much more, Hoien Realty is here to help. Our skillful agents can guide you through the complicated selling process, and provide you with the help to successfully sell your home at the best market price, in the time frame you want.
As your REALTOR®, we will determine the correct price range for your home, point out things you should do to make your home more appealing to buyers, and devise the most effective plan of action. Here are some of the steps we will take to sell your home:
- Review the selling process—without the technical jargon
- Perform a comparative market analysis
- Determine the list and target prices
- Market your property
- Keep communication open
- Present the purchase agreement
- Assist and manage the closing process
How your home is priced will have a major impact on how long it takes to sell. If your home is priced too high, you must be willing to wait much longer for your home to sell. Either it will take that much longer to find someone to pay more than the home is worth, or the market will eventually catch up to the asking price of the home through inflation. We stay updated on current real estate trends in the Iowa Great Lakes Area to help our sellers determine the best price for their home. Other factors we take into consideration when pricing your home:
- Your home’s value may depend on recent selling prices of comparable homes in your area. After reviewing the selling prices for such homes, the price is adjusted according to current market trends.
- Buyers most likely look in the price range determined by their monthly payment ability and down payment.
- Buyers are often very knowledgeable in their price range and purchase by comparison. Unreasonable asking prices are an immediate turn-off.
- Inviting a potential buyer to make an offer shows that you are willing to negotiate. However, if your asking price is outrageous, the buyer’s offer will most likely also be unreasonable.
- It’s necessary to offer pricing, terms and conditions that are competitive in your market. This will help you sell faster and get the full market value.